Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Eureka! I’ve found it!

Finally! I have found life!

You must understand, I have been waiting and waiting very patiently since November of 2008.

I collected acorns last fall in Pierce County and read enough internet material about planting acorns to write my own book. Out of twenty soaked acorns, nine were fine enough for planting. I planted seven around the yard and I took two and put them in planters. I mapped the yard where the acorns were planted, but I should’ve gone the extra mile to flag them in some way. I’ve been searching this yard over and over for several weeks. Today, my search paid off!

I have a two and 1/2 inch seedling complete with leaves! I cleared the way and stuck a 4″ pipe around it to keep the rabbits and critters away. I will be very upset if something thinks its lunch.

No comments:

The FatBirder's Nest
FatBirder Web Ring
Prev Site Random Site Next Site
Linking Birders Worldwide Join